2000 grams = 4lbs 6.5oz. Only 1.5oz below birth weight
One feeding in middle of last night by nose due to nurse being stretched too thin and too busy to feed him.
3 A's&B's in past 24. They are going to remove his nasal canula today that is pushing extra room air in because it seems like he is going to have 2-3 per day regardless so he might as well not have the tubes on his face. That will certainly make better photos.
If he keeps eating this way they will remove that tube too which leaves him just with the monitors on his chest that track temp, respiration and heart rate.
In total we are amazed at how well he is doing and although tired and overwhelmed by the past 16 days of being in the hospital (today is day 14 of Ashton's life) we couldn't be happier that he is healthy and progressing quickly.
It is amazing that Ashton has been here two weeks. Time sure flies... Tomorrow is his cousin Jessika's high school graduation. I was thinking this morning about the first summer I met Jessika and how her hair would get tangled as we drove in my open air jeep, she was three or four, now she is graduating high school, moving out of state and headed off to an entirely new adventure in life. I feel like that was about 10 minutes ago... Before I know it Ashton will be______. I guess the possibilities are endless.
Enjoy today.
Z
.
Zack Clark
Mobile-801.244.4849
Thursday, June 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment