Ashton's dad was mistaken earlier when he said he is three weeks old, he is actually 4 weeks old today if you all can believe it. Yes - we have spent 4 weeks total in the hospital, watching him grow, delivering milk and wishing we could all go home and start to live some sort of normal family life.
He has still not had apnea since Wednesday - the countdown is on again and we are all in suspense as to how many days he can go this time. At earliest this means we could possibly go home next Thurday, pending no more episodes. We will see.....
Ashton had a nice visit with his grandma (Connie) today, she was glad to finally see him awake for a few minutes. He is still eating great and I am breastfeeding him at least twice daily. His little face seems to change everytime I see him as he gains weight in his cheeks and neck, he might even have dimples on both sides :)
Zack and I will most likely go back to the hospital again this evening since he has not been there today yet. He has been helping Chiao-ih and Mike with painting and other household projects as they prepare for company and their wedding next weekend. We are having dinner there tonight as we help them with folding and stamping the programs for the wedding.
-And for the record I would like everyone to know that I do not have deformed feet! The longer second toe has been associated in history with royalty, idealized in Greek and Roman sculpture, and the Statue of Liberty has toes of this proportion. Ha!
(someone also told me once that having a longer second toe makes you smarter, and I believe them)
More news later, keep in touch bloggers...
Love to all,
Amie
Friday, June 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment