Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Baby Math...

Ok, so here is something to think about.

This morning Ashton ate 120ml of breastmilk.

120ml = 4oz

1 ounce of water = 1 ounce of dry weight (likely dirty river water in London, but water nonetheless)

so...breastmilk must weigh more than water, but let's use water as the basis of this discussion

this morning he ate 4 oz of weight

40z = 1/4 pound of food

he weighs just over 5 lbs

4 ounces = 5% of his body weight in one meal.

i weigh approx 175 pounds

5% of my body weight it would be 8.75 pounds of food. Which i could never, in my wildest dreams eat in one meal.

The things you think about while in the hospital...

1 comment:

  1. Just a few months ago you, Amie, and I each consumed a 10 pound red snapper as well as a plate of plantains and salad. I even had a glass or two of wine on top of that. So it can be done, depends on motivation.

    Keeping fingers crossed that the little guy remembers to breathe all the time, soon! To be fair I still forget from time to time and look how normal I am.

    g

    ReplyDelete