Ashton seems good. I got here just after 5 and he was wide awake. We talked and smiled...
His inefficient nurse got him off schedule so when Amie came to feed him @ 530 he still had nearly 1/2 of his last meal in his belly. We waited until about 615 and he still had about 8% and at that point there wasn't time to feed him by breast or bottle because he has to be in bed @ shift change at 645. Aargh. Her inefficiency combined with the fact that her other two patients are super needy (ashton is easy!) Screwed up his schedule to a point that he had his feeding by nose tube instead of a developmental feeding. Can you tell I am frustrated?
Earlier today we fed him by bottle; he did really well. I think he will totally transition to breast and bottle feedings this week. Today he has had every-other feeding on his own, and the alternate by nose. Tomorrow we will try to have the majority be breast or bottle.
He still has a hard time keeping his temp up so they are warming him while he sleeps. Every couple of nights they will try to open his bed to non-heated air, get him dressed and see if he can maintain a constant temperature.
The doctor's comment this morning: "he is in great shape, a little time and he should be set..". (He didn't know I was there listening and he made that comment to a nurse.). Gives me hope.
I added a couple new pics to the website, the software seems to not sort by date but instead filename, so june photos (one of them so far) are in the middle somewhere.
More tomorrow
Z
Zack Clark
Mobile-801.244.4849
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment