What a boy. I stole Ashton from mom while she prepped to give him his second full breast meal today. It is always amazing to just hold him.
At 11a and now at 530pm he is eating 100% from mom. A great step forward. Between meals he shows signs of being hungry which is very important.
After almost 48 hours of no A's&B's he has had two today. The seven day clock starts over every time. So, I can safely say we will still be here next Sunday.
today his yaiyai Michelle got to hold him for the first time, which I think made them both smile (and maybe one of them cry...)
I spent the day trying to finish what seems like the longest painting project in history. A few more hours and I can call that project complete and can help finish organizing Ashton's world in prep for his homecoming.
Overall things are well.
We'll talk with the NP in the morning to figure out the next steps to development and what he may need next, hopefully at that point we will have a better idea of time frame. Living at the hospital is being tough on us all. Some time this week we will start him on a bottle between Amie's feedings. Hopefully we can do away with the tube feedings within a few days.
Amie's very tentative plan is to work this week; saving her leave time for when Ashton comes home, although dependent upon his feeding schedule it may make more sense for her to reside in the NICU with Ashton. He begins each meal 3 hours apart and takes 30-45 minutes to eat which doesn't leave much time for non-eating. We'll see....
Sunday night finds Amie and I at the opening night of Red Butte Gardens summer concert series w/ Neko Case performing. Next summer expect to see Ashton dancing in the aisles at the Red Butte shows.
I hope you have all had a great weekend. Thanks for reading and being interested and concerned about our little boy. I can't wait for you to meet him.
Z
Zack Clark
Mobile-801.244.4849
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment