Sunday, May 24, 2009

5/24 330pm

So far a great Sunday;  we had a lovely brunch with Shauna, and made it home from the hospital a few minutes ago.  I am trying to get Amie to rest, but so far it isn’t working.

 

Amie just spoke with Ashton’s Nurse to get an update:

 

They decided against the caffeine as they think a cause for the A&B’s is the high biliruben.  I guess it makes them irritable and tired, which causes the other.  They have added a 2nd light to help decrease biliruben and asked that we leave him under the lights for a while.  It is hard to stay away, but we are going to let them.   We will go back and try to feed around 9pm.

 

His food portion was increased to 10 ml from 5, which is a good sign.

 

More to come later

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. congratulations! I'm so happy for both of you. I will say a prayer for ashton to make sure he gets to go home soon. It sounds like they are really taking very good care of him.
    Very happy for you...somehow I still cannot visualize daddy changing diapers.
    Keep the updates coming...love to read all is well

    ReplyDelete